Sunday, July 19, 2015

Because I Love Her


My daughter will turn 12 next month.   She is still scared of the dark. I asked her why she is scared. She doesn't know why. 
I got a little frustrated when she told me this. I mean, she is almost a teenager, what teenager is scared of the dark in this day and age when kids grow up so fast?
But then I am reminded again that she is not like other 11.5 year old girls.
She told me that she  also wants to stay up late too. I tell her that you can't have it both ways. And I had no interest in watching whatever kiddy show that she wanted to watch.  So I explained to her in detail how to turn on the lights near where she wants to sit or watch TV, and then to turn on the next set of lights when she is ready to go upstairs to bed.   We walked through a couple times how to turn on and off the right set of lights so that she is never in the dark.
So now when I go upstairs, she is learning to stay up later and later all by herself downstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment