Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Facebook: Prologue

There was this recruiter from Facebook who contacted me through LinkedIn.  There is nothing unusual about that, since I receive unsolicited emails from recruiters about once a week, and this recruiter was one of many who tried to persuade me by dangling the carrot of a lucrative job opportunity.
The first time I received these unsolicited recruitment emails, I was flattered.  But as I received more and more of these types of emails as time went on, I began to realize that I was nothing more than a number in their database, and the cold call to sell me on a job opportunity was more about them to make their monthly sales quota.

However, this recruiter was persistent.  The recruiter sent me several emails over a span of a month, and eventually, being the young and naive dreamer that I am, I responded to one of the recruiter's email pitches.
I passed their phone screen, and now have a scheduled in  person interview with one of their engineers.  Let's see where this takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment